Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hawaii/Hickam Airforce Base



As I reflect back on my 5 years and 4 months in Hawaii, I must say . . . life was good. I lived in one of the most beautiful places on earth - the weather is always wonderful. I have seen the most beautiful rainbows in my life, this is truly the "rainbow state". The blue water looks as if it was painted, it is so clear you can see tropical fish swimming without getting wet, I highly recommend getting wet! I have eaten at some wonderful restaurants I am more than happy to share where to go and where not to go! I have stayed in several hotels, again, will share. Traveled to outer islands, the Big Island, Kuai, and Maui - definetly places to see! I managed to complete a Master's Degree in Nursing from Hawaii Pacific University. Worked at Tripler Army Medical Center as a federal employee and contract employee. Worked in various hospitals as a contract ER and ICU nurse. Gained 40 lbs and then lost 57 lbs (to date). Experienced Hawaii public schools and private schools. Lived on Hickam Force Base - "the Jewel of the Pacific". Have made wonderful friends. Anyone planning to PCS to Hickam can access their website for more info at http://www2.hickam.af.mil/




No comments:

Post a Comment