Monday, April 20, 2009

Ready to PCS


Im in the process of preparing our quarters for housing inspection and am feeling the need to share. I imagine there are a lot of military spouses who would like to vent/share and maybe even have some helpful tips.

My airforce spouse is TDY for 10 days and we are leaving HI to transfer to Germany in 15 days - He left the day after the movers picked up everything- so it is up to me to take care of the rest, ie. clean, organize, pack, and check out of quarters. I spent 2 days removing wall paper and applying two coats of primer paint to cover the wonderful green walls and border in the kitchen, I thought was a great idea 5 1/2 years ago. I also had to disassemble a computer hutch that I knew wouldnt make another move, because it wouldnt fit through the door way for trash pick up day ( I didnt realize it wouldnt fit until I dragged/pushed it to the front door). After the furniture was gone I was able to see where my wonderful spouse spilled drinks (the spots were around his recliner and computer chair). My back is killing me and I am in need of a great massage!

1 comment:

  1. Well, we are out of housing and into TLA a the Outrigger Reef Hotel in Waikiki (www.outriggerreef.com). VERY nice hotel - newly renovated all new rooms/fixtures ect. Slept like a baby last night. The nice part is it is 3 hotels away from the Hale Koa (military hotel www.halekoa.com that has a PX - I walked over there this am to pick up a quart of milk for $1.35 - they sell the same milk at this hotel shop for $3.15 -

    we are also parking our car at the Hale Koa for $6/day v. $24/day here at the outrigger. Having a military ID card has its benefits!

    If anyone has questions about getting TLA and non-avail status let me know.

    'Til next time
    Marcelaine

    ReplyDelete